BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Mini Blueberry Muffins

Happy Wednesday:) no..not really. Wednesdays are worse than Mondays. Nonetheless, my day got a little bit sweeter after these. Mini Blueberry Muffins. So lately I'v been experimenting with pastries I'm not particularly a huge fan of. This includes muffins.  However, everything tastes better homemade so after finding a recipe, I decided to try it out for myself.

Ingredients:

- 2 cups
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 4tbls butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries 


Procedure:

1- Lightly toss blueberries with a 1/4 cup of flour.

2- Mix the remaining flour with salt and baking powder.


3- Cream the butter and the sugar in a small bowl. 

4- Add the egg and beat well. 

5- Now with the next step, alternative between scooping in the dry stuff and pouring in the milk to the wet stuff. Yes, this is what I call it don't judge.

6-  Gently fold the blueberries into the mixture. Try to avoid killing them.


Yum:) Am I the only one that sometimes gets more attracted to the batter than the actual finished product?

7- Smooth the batter into lined or slightly greased muffin tins. 


I'm making mini muffins and these take a lot less time to bake than the regular sized. In my experience, the timing for mini muffins depends so keep a watchful eye out. I had to bake for much longer than said time (5-7min). Regular sized will take around 20min. 

8-Bake for 350 degrees. 




In the end, they should turn out to be golden topped with blueberries popped. 




And also as a side note its FALLLL and that means cinnamon and pies and pumpkins and everything else. So feel free to make requests for anything you guys want me to bake. Also, keep in mind that if I feel like it i might bring it to class after baking . I hope that's motivation enough:P.

7 comments:

  1. I love blueberry muffins. My grandma makes them for my siblings and I whenever we visit. It's such a nice treat in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you do the same recipe with the dough then make big huge ones?

    ReplyDelete