BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Chocolate Mint Brownies

So its Sunday morning and I was lazing around on my laptop when I came across an particularly interesting recipe and i wanted to share it with you guys. I'v been searching for a good brownie recipe and I found these chocolate mint ones and all I have to say is that the name is enough to make me want to whip out my oven gloves. Mint anddd chocolate asdfghjkl. I have to say I'm not a big brownie fan but this seems like a promising recipe.

Ingredients:

- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- 5 eggs (room temp.)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbs instant coffee or espresso
- 3.5 cups sugar
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 pounds peppermint patties


Procedure:

- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a 9x13 baking pan with foil, shiny side down. Smooth the foil and spread it lightly with  nonstick cooking spray.

- Chop the chocolate and butter into cubes. Warm the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat as soon as they are melted and smooth.

- Whip the eggs, vanilla, salt, instant coffee, and sugar in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment for about ten minutes. They should turn out foamy and stiff.

- Stir in the chocolate mixture (by hand would work best), then the flour.

- Smooth half of the batter into the pan. Place a layer of peppermint patties over the chocolate; break them into pieces if necessary to fill in any large gaps.

- Pour the rest of the batter over the patties. Smooth the top.

- Bake the brownies for around 35 minutes. Make sure to rotate the brownies midway during baking. When the brownies are done, they will have a firm crust on top. A toothpick inserted into the center will come out wet. Make sure to avoid over baking the brownies. ( I have ruined sooo many recipes like this. Even if it seems like its not done, wait for it to finish cooling. Oftentimes, that can make a huge difference).

- Let the brownies cool completely, then lift them out of the pan and slice into rectangles.


Storage: They can be kept out at room temperature for up to three days. After that, freeze them for up to two months.


So this is obviously not your typical brownie concoction. I have to say I'll be trying this in the near future. Although more time consuming than normal recipes, it seems like its going to taste like heaven and would be great for any social gathering. This is how your brownies should turn out in the end:


Thanks for reading my post; comments or suggestions below. For my next recipe I'm thinking of baking something new so make sure to check it out (and if it turns out well I'll bring them in on Monday) :)

12 comments:

  1. OH MY LORD!!!!! THAT HAS GOT TO BE THE HOTTEST BROWNIE IV'E EVER SEEN! and trust me, iv'e seen and eaten a lot of brownies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodnessss chocolate and mint are my two favorite flavors... Put them together, MIND BLOWN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. asdfghjkl they look so good omg. im so making them as soon as i have time :D but this weekend im baking a bunch of halloween themed desserts :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you take that picture yourself???

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like an awesome recipe! I am going to make these!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omgg this sounds and looks amazing i have to try it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im so trying this! Its making my mouth water

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why do you force us to look at delicious things when you know that all of us are too lazy to actually make it?? Seriously, bake all of these things and bring them to class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha im sorry:) and ya I'm going to start bringing whatever i bake to class

      Delete