BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Butter-cream Frosting Recipe

Frosting Recipe 

This was originally the recipe I was going to use for my latest sugar cookies post, but unfortunately, I ran out of butter for like the first time everrrrr. But its okay...hes buying some more tonight:). So ya I haven't tried it out yet but this recipe got good reviews so I wouldn't hesitate to try.

Ingredients 

- 1 stick unsalted, softened butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- up to 4 tbs of milk- start with two and go from there
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- powdered sugar- add until the consistency is correct for frosting 

Procedure

1. Mix softened butter, salt, two tbs milk, and vanilla. 

2. Start with a half cup of powdered sugar and stir in. In 1/4 cup increments, add more powdered sugar and stir. This can be as thin or thick as you like. 

3. Add the food coloring for frosting (optional). 

4. Spread the frosting on the cookies however you like.

So as I mentioned, I haven't actually gotten to try this recipe and if any of you do, feel free to comment below and suggestions, tips, or general reviews. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I love butter cream! Please do try it and bring me some!

    ReplyDelete